Position: Fashion Designer
Location: Argentina, Australia, Canada, France, UK, US
Report to: Creative Director/ Artistic Director
Summary: We are looking to hire a Fashion Designer with panache and flair to capture the mood on the street for our ready-to-wear line of clothing. Additionally, she would go searching the latest trends, styles, and mode for men, women and children with an exquisite look and taste. The Fashion Designer will keep an eye on the street, travel to shows and read fashion magazines to spot trends and interpret specific color palettes, patterns and prints for each season. He/she will sketch the designs by hand, create technical production drawings and relate his/her results to the team. To ensure success you will be able to spot trends, capture the spirit of the times in your creations and display business acumen in your ability to apply product strategy. Ideal candidates have outstanding business acumen and are creative geniuses.
- Sketching and assigning light specs.
- Fabric, yarn, and color identification and selection. Mill sheet creation.
- Data input into Tech Packs, BOMs and PLM.
- Lab Dip and S/O Approvals.
- Artwork colorway development and detailing for vendors.
- Sample organization and Filing.
- You will have a strong aesthetic, great sense of design and color and an established understanding of the product development process.
- Ensure fabric/silhouette pairings are appropriate and identify opportunity for innovation of construction standards to ensure consistency in experience and delivery of value to the customer.
- Work to resolve potential manufacturing/costing issues prior to development of style to ensure quality execution in bulk.
- Accountable for helping come up with process improvements, scaling the business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/brand.
- Understand business drivers and performance to continually seek opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Online retail experience.
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distil, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of design techniques, product, construction, and processes.
- Classification program experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in building out a private label program in a retail environment.
What we can offer?
- A fun and fulfilling place to work
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Yearly handbag allowance
- Product discounts
- Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: (Day shift, Monday to Friday)
This is an on-site role; however, we adhere to safety protocols to keep all employees safe. Daily temperature checks and masks are required, and team members are working in a distanced manner throughout our warehouses, offices and recording studios.
Fashion Design: 7 years (Preferred)
Design: 5 years (Preferred)
DIVERSITY & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to recruiting, training, and providing career advancement to all associates regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, or social or ethnic origin. Diversity in the workplace is encouraged. Bigotry, racism and any form of harassment or discrimination is not tolerated.
Are you interested in this position? Pre-screening Application